Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ogopa Deejays

Today I recorded some narration at Ogopa Deejays studios in South B, just a few houses down from the home of my youth. I remember when Lucas (founder of Ogopa Deejays) was just a teenager, working on mastering the drum machine at the church basement after choir practice was over, and DJing at parties to make some extra cash. Now he's one of the most sought-after producers in the region. Dreams, merged with persistent effort, do come true.

Is this thing on?


For those of you who watched "Kenya: Until Hope is Found" in the states, the narration is now very different. I feel that it has helped to personalize the film quite a bit, which is something I resisted yet so many of you suggested I do. I look forward to sharing it with y'all down the line.

Tomorrow I present the documentary to 40 youth from diverse communities in Kitengela town. The event is being hosted by the Coexist Initiative, and they have also invited members of the media to attend. I'm really excited about the screening and following discussion. More on that tomorrow.

For now, I sleep. I have spent a large part of the past few days editing the documentary, and while I'm really proud of it, I'm also very tired. This makes me think me of an awesome reminder I saw on facebook:

Even better? Laughing in your sleep


Peace, Patrick




No comments: