Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Kuona Trust


I arrived at Kuona Trust Art Centre at 10:45 a.m. Mukoma Wa Ngugi, son of Ngugi Wa Thiongo and Assistant Professor at Cornell University was hosting a "Cultural and Literary Criticism" forum for print journalists.  The event was hosted by the African Arts Journalists' Network.



I shared the first version of "Kenya: Until Hope is Found" with the group.





After the screening, we had a great discussion about the purpose of the film ("A very brave film," one journalist said) and looked at ways that I could improve on it to make it more relevant for Kenyan audiences. The consensus was that I should include more narration to personalize the film, as I am in it.




Mukoma Wa Ngugi shares his insights about the film with the class



I am very grateful for the invitation to the forum, and I really appreciated the feedback I received. It has helped me to sharpen my thinking about the film, and gave me lots to ponder as I edit a version to share widely within Kenya. As with all of my presentations, I ended with a demonstration of the stress-relief tapping technique, Faster EFT. All of this was God doing for me what I could not do for myself:


Hallelujah!

Peace, Patrick





No comments: