Monday, February 11, 2013

Kenya, I have returned

I returned to Kenya last night at 11:40 p.m. Despite the fact that I had an hour to make my connection in Brussels, the trip was quite smooth. I made some friends along the way (showed one of them tapping even), ate way too much airplane food, and watched "500 Days of Summer" and "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."This time, unlike the last, the customs guy (different from last year's dude) was gracious, and welcomed me back to Kenya.

I have been really tired today, fighting the urge to sleep since 1 p.m. It is now 11:50 p.m. I planned on sleeping by 9 but the on, then off, then on again Kenya Presidential debate was airing, and I wanted to be a part of history.

I have accomplished much today, having secured 2 newspaper interviews for tomorrow and *maybe* a TV appearance soon. My schedule is beginning to fill up, and I'm glad I took the leap of faith and returned to Kenya. One day at a time, with the guidance of my Higher Power, I will expect – and give thanks for – Grace.

No comments: